scripting find for an exact match

rmsherman

This topic is 8659 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am going to create a series of staff access codes (initials and a number series, eg. MC123, RS754, etc.) in each record, By requiring a find command, each staff member will be able to pull up only their records ensuring confidentiality for the other records. To achieve this, I must require the user to request an exact match of the acces code. This is usually accoplished by preceding the find request with two equal signs (==). Does any one know how I can script the find or set up the find to require an exact match. Or does anoyone have a better idea for encrypting each record to the staff member responsible? Thanks for your ideas.

If your access codes are made up of numbers and letters (no spaces or special ASCII characters) and are not over 20 characters, why not use a relationship?

Relate the staff members code entered into a global field to the access codes on each record of the file. An extremely fast find equivalent is the "go to related record, show only related records" script step. It doesn't have the problem of "AB1" matching "AB12" and works in the blink of an eye! -bd

This topic is 8659 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.