print setup script issue with FM Go

This topic is 4184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi

I have a database set up on MAC OSX and this links to FM Go on iPad 3.  Once the user has input all the customer details for a purchase transaction, I have set up a script that will GOTO "purchase note" layout and prints two copies (one for me one for the customer), then it automatically goes to "cheque template" and prints one cheque with the required details.  The problem I have is that we have 2 printers, one loaded with blank paper for the purchase notes and one printer with the blank cheques. 

I have set up print setup within my script, so when I run this whole script on my iMac, it takes me to the "purchase note" layout and then the print option pops and and shows the purchase note printer automatically.  After pressing print, the script then takes me to the cheque template layout and a new print option pops up, this time with the blank cheque printer, which is perfect.  However, when I run this script on FM Go, it does NOT select the correct printer automatically, it just seems to show the most recently used printer.

Am I missing something, or does the print setup script not work with FM Go?

I know this may not seem like a big deal, but you'd be amazed how many cheques we're getting through as people are printing purchase notes on blank cheques.  Just trying to save the planet and avoid frustated staff!!

Thanks in advance

I believe with the Print Setup script step you can select the printer options and essentially hard code them in the script. The thing to keep in mind is that when you run the script and use the cheque printer it may leave it as the printer for the next time you print. So i would try using the Print Setup script step twice. Once when you go to the cheque layout to set the printer for printing with no dialog and after printing use another print Setup step to reset the printer to the other printer.

Go to Layout [ Cheque layout ]

Print Setup [ Restore; No dialog ] <-- Cheque printer selected

Print [  ]

Print Setup [ Restore; No dialog ] <-- Other printer selected

This topic is 4184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.