Can I Setup User Entry for a Find Script (Date)?

richpayne

This topic is 8643 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have created a script which has about 60 Find Requests to look for any instances of a certain date (Today - //). This works fine, but it would be ideal if the user could input the date to be looked for - my script only works with "today". How can I let the user enter yesterday's date or another date and then have that script run all of those Find Requests?

quote:

Originally posted by richpayne:

I have created a script which has about 60 Find Requests to look for any instances of a certain date (Today - //). This works fine, but it would be ideal if the user could input the date to be looked for - my script only works with "today". How can I let the user enter yesterday's date or another date and then have that script run all of those Find Requests?

Try to avoid the "Today" function, which is a real overhead and resource hog, use Status(CurrentDate) instead.

You can use a global field and have your scripting start with the user inputting this global. Then your finds can have this global field inserted instead of the Today or whatever.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8643 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.