Value lists and repeating global fields

eoneon123

This topic is 4146 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layouts with several global fields, each of which has a SQL driven, calculated value list attached. It works fine but I wanted to reduce the number of fields in the table for clarity sake and I was wondering if there was a way to have a single global field with multiple repetitions then use a Case function that SELECTS the appropriate value list. The effect would be that, instead of having 5 globals with 5 corresponding c_Valist fields, I could have single global with multiple reps and a single c_Valist field. 

I've been able to achieve something like this in a portal where I can easily set out conditions for which value list to trigger. But I can't seem to figure out how to do this outside a portal with multiple repetitions of a single global field where the condition is the repetition number. I tried the following, which returned <no values defined>. Oh and the set up above works fine with the same relationships so I think I'm just screwing the pooch on the syntax of the repeating field. Any leads would be appreciated as always! 

Case(

GetActiveField = global[1]; SELECT List1;

GetActiveField = global[2]; SELECT List2

)

Case(

global = GetRepetition(global; 1); SELECT List1;

global = GetRepetition(global; 2); SELECT List2

)

Oh, and I should also mention that I can't get this to work whether using a global with multiple reps or just a plain global. It does work if I set the condition to something like, GetLayoutName, but the problem of course is that a condition like that triggers the same Value List regardless of which global rep I was selecting. It seems that using the GetActiveField would be the best option but for some reason it's not working whether it's a drop down or pop up. Next I'll probably try an OnObjectEnter script that fires a different $$variable depending on which global rep is selected but even if this works, it seems to be an awkward workaround...

This topic is 4146 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.