Couple problems FM 5.5 and FM 6 Pro

This topic is 4110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a couple of errors on the server and I am new to Filemaker.  Below are three errors that have reported in the event viewer, application logs. 

1.  File "Promissory Note.FP5" could not be opened: either allow FileMaker Server to host Single-User files or set the file to Multi-User in FileMaker Pro.

2. File "Receipts.fp5" could not be opened: maximum number of files already opened.

3. File "Credit Card Charges.FP5" could not be opened: a database with that name (or the same initial 31 characters) is already open; please rename one of the files.

The only one that I could find information about was #3, and it was more than 1 file that I had to rename it was like 20.  I just added a 1 to the end of the file name in the databaseBackup folder and those problems seemed to correct themselves (after I did a stop and start of the Filemaker Server service).  Not sure on #1 and #2.  Any advice on how to resolve these issues are greatly appreciated :)

[email protected]

#1: t he file itself is not set to allow hosting, but you can change your FMS config to allow it, so open the admin console and make the change there

#2: also in the admin area; you can set the max number of files FMS will host.  The maximum is 125.

• Newbies
#1: t he file itself is not set to allow hosting, but you can change your FMS config to allow it, so open the admin console and make the change there

#2: also in the admin area; you can set the max number of files FMS will host.  The maximum is 125.

In FM server console for Windows 2000, I don't see these options available.

• Newbies
Can you post a screenshot?  It's been a long long time since I looked at an FMS5 or 5.5 admin console, but the options are there

If I click the DB hosting and Next, then I can enter the 125 however the next screen says "Allow Filemaker server to host single user files" and not sure what this means or if I should check it to proceed.  I hope that I don't mess it up worse, since I'm not sure of what I'm doing lol

next screen says "Allow Filemaker server to host single user files" and not sure what this means or if I should check it to proceed. 

Yes, you should check that.  The alternative is that you close all the files, open the one file with a copy of FMP6 and set the hosting toggle there.  It's easier to just set the server config.

This topic is 4110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.