Trouble with dynamically created Find step

dylan

This topic is 8581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just for our other readers: there are two places to uncheck restore, in Enter Find Mode [] and Perform Find [].

As you have stated, you've done a step by step check and the script is OK up until the perform find. I can think of a few possibilities. 1) try a "Halt Script" step right after the find. This will guarantee that some other subsequent script is not changing the result. 2) Delete the "Perform Find" step and recreate it. I've found a few wierd instances where FM has a corrupted script step that won't work properly. 3) Replace the script with a completely new one if 2) doesn't solve the problem.

Just a late thought. Copy and paste require the fields to be visible on the layout. Make sure the script is navigating to the proper layout. It is easy to do this manually without thinking when you are doing diagnosis.

As a general programming technique, I wouldn't use copy and paste. I prefer to create global fields in the first file and link the two files with contant fields in a relationship (i.e. constant = 1 matches constant = 1). Then use Set Field to put the find criteria in the globals in the first file, move to the second file and again use the Set Field step to copy the related globals to the actual fields in find mode.

-bd

[This message has been edited by LiveOak (edited November 18, 2000).]

This topic is 8581 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.