Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM12ADV IWP and OS X Mountain Lion

This topic is 4113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi folks.

I upgraded my hosting computer recently to a new mac mini with Mountain Lion. Currently running 10.8.2. FM11SA and FM11A are also on the same computer but inactive. I then upgraded to FM12v3 ADV and since then I cannot get IWP running. FM network works fine, but no go on IWP. I get the "IWP cannot be started" error. Initially I thought that it was a conflict with IWP on the FM11server, but that would usually give the "another instance of FM" etc error and I checked activity monitor and IWP is not running nor is the server running in the background. I know there were issues with IWP with Mountain Lion in the first release of FM12, but I thought this was no longer an issue. Interestingly, when I try to start IWP on FM11, it won't start either, but I can't remember if I had it running before I upgraded to FM12.

Can someone please confirm that FM12v3 IWP should be compatible with OS X 10.8.2? If it should be working, any troubleshooting suggestions would be welcome. I've trashed various preferences and tried starting iwp from the terminal but no go. I have not tried a reinstall of FM12. Also, when I enabled web sharing (via the terminal in Mountain Lion) and tried to start IWP, I did get the dialog box to change the conflicting 80 port which I would expect, but then when I do change the port I still get the IWP cannot be started error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Also, when I enabled web sharing (via the terminal in Mountain Lion) and tried to start IWP, I did get the dialog box to change the conflicting 80 port which I would expect, but then when I do change the port I still get the IWP cannot be started error.

There is something wrong here; IWP uses the Apache web server on OSX so there can not be a port conflict.  There are not two web servers after you install FMS

There is something wrong here; IWP uses the Apache web server on OSX so there can not be a port conflict.  There are not two web servers after you install FMS

Well I did this after the problem started as a test, so it didn't cause the issue.

However, I have had FM IWP and apache webservers operating simultaneously for many years. I just checked and port 80 is functioning with the built in Apache webpage ("It Works") and port 8000 is functioning with IWP. This has always been my experience and if you start up IWP with Apache running, IWP asks to change the port. I don't know much about apache, but you can probably have more than one website running through different ports on the same server.

This topic is 4113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.