Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web Site Builders and Hosting

This topic is 4120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I feel I am cheating a little bit asking this question on this forum that does not involve FileMaker but I trust you and your responses.

I am doing some volunteer work and we are looking to move our web site from Google to another site that will allow us easily to do somethings we have not done or had to struggle to do.

Multiple Bloggers (user enters their own)

Articlles

Video

Easy to change layouts

Events

Changing images

Coding can be used to customize

It would be nice to have form capability. Not required

This is for a group I am involved with concerning Anti-Human Trafficking.The website is the window into the organization and important to get it right (and easy to use)

After looking around, the ones that seem appropriate are SquareSpace.com and Wordpress.com

This is new to me and would appreciate your advice. Or an appropriate place to get this advice.

We are looking at paid sites. 

Thanks

patricia

I think WordPress makes sense; it's easy to use and very flexible. Plus it has a huge user base and millions of plug-in's/themes. Although, I don't know anything about SquareSpace.com, so that might work too.

I use WordPress for a few websites. One is hosted on a Dreamhost.com shared hosting account, which I find to be a little slow. The other is hosted on an Amazon EC2 micro virtual server, which is much faster than the other. I've never used WordPress.com, though.

This topic is 4120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.