Trouble with if calculation

shorty

This topic is 8533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have 3 databases (Advertiser, Rate, Invoices). In the advertiser file I have a field called contract frequency. In the rate file I have a rate code field of 3DR with the possibility of 9 different rate amounts based on frequency and size of ad. I can't seem to get the correct rate to show up in the Invoices file when I call on the rate code. I thought it would be by using a if calculation, but I never get past the first result. Thanks to anybody that might help me get past the dingbat zone?

Step 1: Explain to yourself all of the logic behind generating the correct rate code. That is the algorithm. Step 2: Convert the algorithm into an FMP calculation.

Step 1 is the hardest. And only you know how to do it.

• 4 weeks later...

The If calculation is like this:

If(Size<=32 and Advertiser File::Contract Frequency1=6,Rate File::Six wk Amount, If(Size>32.5 and Advertiser File::Contract Frequency1=6,Rate File::Six week Amount Over,If (Size<=32 and Advertiser Filer::Contract Frequency1=13, Rate File::Thirteen wk Amount,If (Size>32.5 and Advertiser File::Contract Frequency1=13,Rate File::Thirteen wk Amount Over, If (Size <=32 and Advertiser File::Contract Frequency1=26,Rate File::Twentysix wk Amount,If(Size>32.5 and Advertiser File::Contract Frequency1=26,Rate File::Twentysix wk amount over,If(Size<=32 and Advertiser File::Contract Frequency1=52,Rate File::Fiftytwo wk Amount,If(Size>32.5 and Advertiser File::Contract Frequency1=52,Rate File::Fiftytwo wk Amount Over, Rate File::Open Rate))))))))

This topic is 8533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.