Multiple pricign

shorty

This topic is 8553 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is it possible to have a unique product code and yet have multiple pricing based on size. I want to have only 3 product codes but based on size and frequency it could mean nine different prices. If this impossible, I will split the prices into different product codes, just harder for employees to remember.

Thank you in advance for any advice on whether to continue to try and solve.

quote:

Originally posted by shorty:

Is it possible to have a unique product code and yet have multiple pricing based on size. I want to have only 3 product codes but based on size and frequency it could mean nine different prices. If this impossible, I will split the prices into different product codes, just harder for employees to remember.

Wow 9 variations is hard to remember? Whew, I am glad that I do not have your employees.

Anyway, the solution depends on the actual prices. Are your "nine" different prices actually nine seperate prices (i.e. $1, $2.50, $3, etc.) or are they three prices, with 3 discount levels (i.e. base price, 25% off, 50% off)?

If they are 9 physically different prices, then you are pretty much stuck. If they are just variations of a discount, then you can use a lookup or calculation to figure the final price.

For instance: user enters the product code, then the price level (say discount 1), and the price field looks up the base price and apply the level 1 discount:

Price = auto-enter, lookup

Case ( price level = "base", product file: tongue.gifrice,

price level = "discount 1", product file: tongue.gifrice * product file::discount 1,

price level = "discount 2", product file: tongue.gifrice * product file::discount 2)

This can also be done via globals in your main file, if the actual discounts are standardized across all products.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Thank you for the reply. Yes each price is physically a different price. A customer could possibly be charged a six week under 32 inch full zone rate one time and then the next time be charged for a six week under 32 inch two zone rate. And so on. We are trying to do billing for a shopper (free paper). Very confusing. Thanks anyway.

This topic is 8553 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.