Sanning with FM GO 12 and Pic2shop

This topic is 4050 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

Trying to make a scanning application with FileMaker Go 12.  I'm using the code I found here (and have seen referenced on various forums).: http://www.mightydata.com/blog/scanning-barcodes-and-more-with-filemaker-go-part-2/

The script "open barcode app" opens up the pic2shop scanner app with this step: " "open URL[No dialog; "pic2shop://scan?callback=fmp%3A//%24/" & Get ( FileName ) & "%3Fscript%3DScan%26param%3DEAN""]

This works perfectly well for scanning UPC codes However, I need to scan a CODE 39 barcode and it does not work. It opens up the app, but no scan of the CODE 39 is possible. Pic2 shop says it will scan CODE 39, do I need to   

modify this step somehow?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

John

• 1 month later...

This has been working very well in testing, however we ran into a small headache since implementation.  

We are using the "scan multiple" options of CNS with FM GO 12 on an iPod touch. We scan three QR codes then return the data to FileMaker. No problems.

The trouble comes after repeating that process 10-12 times, the device gives us a "low memory" error and disables scanning, The only way to correct this is to close CNS and restart (or let the FM GO script restart it.)

Any idea on what is causing this, and how we might correct? any ideas appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks, Bruce. I have contacted CNS, and I am awaiting their reply.

I just mean that there is a FM script step that opens the app, if it is not already open. (OpenURL [no dialog; "cnsbarcode://scan?" &.....)

This topic is 4050 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.