Script/Button to clear out file back to original, Revert

This topic is 4079 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have made a page that I'm using to track certain data, but I want a button that will empty all the fields I added info to and bring it back to the original way it was. I tried revert record but that just clears the last field, and doesn't revert the whole file back to original. Ideas? Thanks

I've tried that, and yes it works but it wipes out every record, but my original layout I made has a couple records already filled in, such as today's date and contact information by default. New record is jsut that, totally blank. Is there a way to have new record include the original file layout etc? Thanks

Is there some confusion here between "fields" and "records"? If you delete a record and select New Record you're presented with a new blank record. Perhaps you mean to say that all your fields are blank in a single record, not that all your records are blank. The only way for that to happen is to select all then delete all.

Attach a copy of your file and a description of what you want to happen. This might be a case where global fields will do what you want, or set variable  and fields, relationship, etc.

Based on what I think you are trying to do

Create a new record.

You can use the options in define Fields to add predefined info to specific fields (to create a template). 

This topic is 4079 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.