Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Email Script not working on Windows 8 platform

Answers

This topic is 4066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have been using the same script without fail, that saves the record as a PDF and create an attachment. We are currently using Filemaker 11.

We now have one pc running Windows 8 with Office 2013. The script will save the PDF but not launch Outlook. Or it will launch Outlook withouth the file attachment. Also the relatve path does not work on the Windows 8 machine. I have tried using the Windows 8 machine with Filemaker 12 (currently testing Filemaker 12 server) and it still does not work. I have also tried executing the send mail manually from Filemaker to no avail.

This is one of the principles of the company's laptop so I would love to find a solution. The current script is attached.

email script.pdf

could you use SMTP settings to send the mail and send it through gmail instead of using outlook? I used to have a send mail set up to send via the user's email program, but found that I had too many differing scenarios/computers and the send mail would fail too many times. when I switched over to using a gmail account and gmail's SMTP settings and now have no problem with the send mail script no matter what computer is using it.

hth,

Martie

I did also try it in Filemaker 12:

We now have one pc running Windows 8 with Office 2013. The script will save the PDF but not launch Outlook. Or it will launch Outlook withouth the file attachment. Also the relatve path does not work on the Windows 8 machine. I have tried using the Windows 8 machine with Filemaker 12 (currently testing Filemaker 12 server) and it still does not work. I have also tried executing the send mail manually from Filemaker to no avail.

Office 2013 was also released post FMP12.

FileMaker will test it's product against anything that's available at the time of release, but they really can't test it against products that don't exist at the time of release...

FM Server 12 is known to not work properly on Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.

FMP12 will itself work on Windows 8, but Office 2013 is probably unsupported at this stage as well.

This topic is 4066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.