Date Range Problem

sharwood

This topic is 8428 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Until I get a copy of a good book for FM (i.e. FM Companion) I need a few qnswers to some questions. The manuals are O.K. but they are by no means complete tutorials.

Anyway, here I go.

I need to print a report containing all orders placed by a certain customer between two dates (i.e. Apr.1 to Apr.30).

i.e. Find all orders placed by customer# 99 in April and give me a balance due for that month.

Thanks,

Rob S.

You may want to be more specific on the format as layouts and layout parts can be very important depending on if you want to print the report for 1 customer, or print all customers but with separate output for each. In that case you want to get into subsummary parts for your layout.

let's get you started with a simple version. make sure you have a summary field which totals the amount charged field. Create a columnar report with header, body, and trailing grand summary parts. Place the summary field into the trailing grand summary part, transaction detail you want to display from each record resides in the body part, such as the amount charged field. Take it from here.

Manually, your search criteria could be 4/1/01...4/30/01 in the date field combined with 99 in the CustID field.

This topic is 8428 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.