Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Related Set on external file

This topic is 4063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all, I've been hitting a wall with this and hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance!

I am trying to use a simple $record->getRelatedSet('TOCNAME')  command on a ToC that references a table in a different Filemaker file (same server), and cannot get it to work. I know I have my syntax right, because I have tested the same code on a ToC within the same database file, and it works. The portal and field I need is on the layout I am accessing, and there IS a related record, with a valid field value. Is there anything I have to do different for related records in different files?

The error message says: Related set "TOCNAME" not present, with no actual error code. "TOCNAME" also shows up in GetRelatedSets.

Thanks for your help!

K

Thanks!

There was a difference in the capitalization of one one letter in the user name, but even after fixing it, the problem persists. The passwords are identical, and the privilege set is also identical, down to the last setting. I have tested the connection by swapping out the file name in the setProperty step, and sure enough, it has no problems connecting, using the same username/password as the first file.

I suppose I could do that, but it seems so inelegant, to do an entire find just to get, say, a related contact field to show up. Ah well, whatever works! Thanks, I'll make the new query.

If anyone has any input on why relatedSet on a different file doesn't work, though, I'd still appreciate it!

This topic is 4063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.