Value - Field Values List using related value

jimbol46

This topic is 4048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having an issue regarding Field Values List using related value

Table one maintains collectors pieces, each piece has 3 fields use the Contact Id supplied data.

Seller Id, Appraiser Id and Buyer Id,  [All are numeric fields that are indexed]

Table two maintains the contacts information and has a sub-table named Contacts Type – The same source can be a seller, an appraiser and a buyer. This sub-table maintains the Contacts foreign key and the Contact Name field populated via a look-up.

I have a defined a self-relationship in the Contacts Type sub-table with 3 constant fields that auto-filled value of seller, appraiser and buyer that respectively relate to the Type Field.  

I have created a value list based on the self-relationship that has the Contact Id as part 1 and the Contact Name as part 2 and is related to the Source Table.

This is my issue, I have 3 similar database one regarding model trains; One regarding Collections in general and one regarding cartoon characters.

When I create a new collection piece the Seller Type names show with the Sellers value list, the appraiser with the Appraiser type names shows with the Appraiser value list and the Buyer type names show with the Buyers value list.

On two of the database it works fine, when I create a new empty record, the correct values show up for Seller, Appraiser & Buyer and the same when I do a FIND command.

However, on the 3rd, it does not. the value list shows “No Values” However, I have a partial workaround, if I do an auto-fill on the seller to an Unassigned Contact Id, the value list at least show up when populating the record for all three fields but the FIND command still shows “No Values”. The same hold true when I blank-out the value for the seller.

I need ideas on resolving this issue.  Thanks in advance for assistance

This topic is 4048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.