Can't get calculation to work?

This topic is 8331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I 've been working on a report that has a Sub-Summary that sorts

by a text field "Designer". I 've got this sub-summary area counting

the number of records, designs sold by each designer , etc..

Everything is coming our right except on how to figure *each* designers percentage sold.

Two of my fields are a text field called "Sold" which is simply a Yes or No field and a field "Designers Total Sold" that counts the number of Yes's in the "Sold" field.

I want to do a simple division between "Designers Total Sold" and "Designers Total Projects Done" to get *each* designers percentage sold.

No matter what I try my sub summary gives me the percentage of all designers combine together. How do I get my field to break percentages by each designer.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Oh, same question two days in a row!

Any time you want to perform a calculation using Summary fields, you need to use the Get Summary (field, break field) function. Your calculation for the subsummary part (it's different for a grand summary) should be:

Percent (calculation, number) =

Get Summary (Designer Total Sold, Designer) / Get Summary (Designer Total Projects Done, Designer)

-bd

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

Any time you want to perform a calculation using Summary fields, you need to use the Get Summary (field, break field) function. Your calculation for the subsummary part (it's different for a grand summary) should be:

Get Summary (Designer Total Sold, Designer) / Get Summary (Designer Total Projects Done, Designer)

-bd

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

-bd

Hi

I have a similar problem and used this with a survey to get percentages:

GetSummary(count_How did you hear, How did you hear)/GetSummary(count_How did you hear, Company Affiliation)

The two sub-summaries are "How did you hear" and "Company Affiliation", of course. But, only some of the calculations are completed -- the rest show "?".

Can I email you the database as an attachment?

This topic is 8331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.