Server Maintenance This Week. ×

IWP some fields won't save

This topic is 3902 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Some fields on a layout in iwp will not save the information, other fields work. They are all enabled to be editable in browse mode. I have a button with a commit record/request script step tied to it. Permissions schema is to allow view and modify on all tables, view layout is enabled for the layout I am working with and modify records is enabled for the layout I am working with.

All fields let me type data into them or modify the data in them but when I hit the commit records/request button I created some of them do not update.

The fields that do not work are both from the same table that the layout is associated with and from related tables. Same with fields that work some are from the same table the layout is associated with and others are not. (I hope that makes sense)

Any ideas?

I think I found the issue. The same field is on the layout more than once. It looks like only the field that was placed on the page last works. 

I tested this by duplicating a field that worked. It then stops working and the newer field works. Then I repeat the same thing duplicating the newer field that is working. It stops working and then newest one works.

Is this a known issue and is there a solution other then only having the field once on the layout?

• 4 months later...

Hi Greg,

I'm having a similar problem but the issue is a pulldown that is repeated on different layouts and even if I remove one it still won't save the value chosen from the pulldown have you seen that issue or do you have any suggestions for fixing a dropdown in IWP that appears, is selectable, but after the selection is made and submitted the data is not stored?  Thanks and Blessings, Wendy

Please read up on the Instant Web Publishing Guide provided with FileMaker Pro. In this instance, chapter 4, page 28

Avoid using more than one copy of the same field on a layout, regardless of whether they have the same or different control styles. For example, don’t use a field with an edit box control style and the same field with a drop-down list control style. Otherwise, web users must enter the exact same data in all copies of the field to save changes or to perform a find. The same limitation applies to more than one portal or filtered portal on the layout that refer to the same fields.

This topic is 3902 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.