Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SCGetContainer (No Preview of PDF)

This topic is 3959 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

SCGetContainer is not previewing the first page of the pdf.  Its just showing the icon.  It works with graphic files just fine.  This used to work.

SERVER:

Running Mac OS 10.8.3 for server

Filemaker 11.0.5 server

SuperContainers 2.871 Server Standalone.

CLIENTS:

Mix of windows 7 and MAC 10.8

FileMaker Client 11.03

Supercontainers plugin 2.871

I've tried SCGetContainer( url ) and SCGetContainer( url; 0; 0; 72).

My client is upset about this change and does not want to pay for me to change the container fields into web viewer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Todd Dignan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Todd,

We have fixed this error in an update we are releasing soon for SuperContainer. If you could send me a private email to [email protected], I can send you a dev build of the plug-in which should restore this functionality. 

This is with the dev build.  I have an issue that is coming up offen. SC tells me that the pdf is corrupt (I think its an adobe error that SC is causing) when I try to upload a pdf and sometimes when I download a pdf. I know its not.  I can open it with Adobe Reader.  I will attach some screen shots of the error messages I'm. receiving.

post-59165-0-41049800-1371658996_thumb.p

post-59165-0-35806700-1371658997_thumb.p

post-59165-0-05130400-1371659016_thumb.p

post-59165-0-13822600-1371659017_thumb.p

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

reading this I noted the same situation with PDF (FMP12) that when I drag a PDF to a Container set to image only, the PDF turns to icon only or the first page of the PDF.. Investigating I found the icon only appears when the PDF dragged is protected. I tested with a word text I made PDF and protected it and dragged resulting in the icon. With the same word file made PDF without any protection comes up as an image of the first page.

In both cases, if the PDF field is set as interactive, both PDF protected or not appear directly as PDF...

I don't know if this approach can help but it is what I found, investigating simple basic stuff....

This topic is 3959 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.