Import file does not work

This topic is 3979 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FMP file with 37 fields. I have tried to import new records from a file created from an Excel file. When I issue the Import command the right side of the import page only shows 19 field names.

Also when I decided to import what matching fields there were, it appeared that the import took place and the message box shows that 10 records were added, but no records were actually imported to my destination file.

Any ideas?

Hi John,

Why did you posted your file twice?

Unless you have made changes to your file that is pertinent to your new question, then a link to your previous question is all that is needed, even though you included some additional information with it here.

Is the other file posted somewhere else too?

everyone seems to have passed on to other threads and no one is interested anymore

As far as this statement, it is your responsibility to keep your thread active until you reach a satisfactory conclusion to your problem. 

BTW, the members usually stop replying to a thread when it appears that the Original Poster has received  a solution to there need.. If we stop replying review your thread and let us know what questions still remain.

HTH, 

Lee

Hi Lee

I posted the file twice because there were two separate problems (one relating to a Find, and one relating to Import of records). There were changes to the file in the interim.

How do I keep a thread active? In both cases, I posted replies to both your comment (on this thread), and the thread regarding the Find problem. In both cases there was no further contact from anyone with a suggestion for a solution.

PS Is there a way to delete all my previous posts and start over?

The reason your import fails is due to your field validations. They will not allow records to be added. Turn off your field validation or add an auto enter to them. Also, most of us have jobs. This is not a chat room and it may take a few hours to respond. After disabling your field validation the import works just fine. The right side shows all the fields if you scroll down. 

You simply need to restate what your problem continues to be. 

Some have just use the word Bump, others have added information to help clarify, others have just asked, "is there anything I need to clarify", etc, Your option.

Do NOT delete a post or a thread, once it has been replied to. If you do this, it messes us up becuase it leave holes in our forum, especially with the attachments. i.e. we will still have the attachments, but no thread to go with them.

This topic is 3979 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.