Initial sync script error

This topic is 3913 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When doing my initial sync on the iPad (i.e. running the MirrorSync script for the first time) I received a "Sync failed/aborted" message (see attached images).  I reviewed the tables/fields in Manage Database and also reviewed the layouts.  I then re-downloaded the database from the MirrorSync dialog and re-installed that database on my iPad, having deleted the previous one.

Once I had the new database on the iPad I once again ran the initial sync script.  However, I received the same error message.

One thing that I am doing is changing the name of the database - would that make a difference?  The hosted database is Fluebase.fmp12 and the iOS version is Fluepad.fmp12.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why these fields are causing an error.

Thanks.

post-52954-0-33926700-1373290365_thumb.j

post-52954-0-55684300-1373290375_thumb.j

post-52954-0-13201700-1373290390_thumb.j

Hello Daniel, 

It seems like MirrorSync may have outdated information about your database. If no changes have been made since you downloaded the file, try opening the MirrorSync configuration client and editing the configuration. Page through by hitting next until you reach the screen where you can copy the scripts. Recopy the script and update the MirrorSync script to have the correct fields. 

And as far as renaming the file name-- that doesn't have any affect at all, so no worries there.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please let me know and I'd be happy to help troubleshoot further.

Thank you,

Sarah Mulligan

Marketing Coordinator

360Works

Thanks Sarah,

I went through the MirrorSync configuration again, setting the tables and fields.  However, when I looked in the MirrorSync script there are several Set Fields that have <Table Missing>.

post-52954-0-35664900-1373559990_thumb.p

Suggestions?

Daniel,

Have you tried running the sync from FileMaker Pro on your desktop machine? I'd be interested to see if you receive the same errors there.

Would it be possible for us to set up a screen share so I can take a look at your database and how it's configured? If you have a screen sharing app for your iPad, that would be great too so I can help you diagnose the issues if they aren't present in FileMaker Pro

Give me a call tomorrow (Friday July 12, 2013) so we can move forward with the screen share and figure out what the problem is. You can find our phone number in my signature.

Cheers!

This topic is 3913 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.