Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Merge Container Field

This topic is 3920 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What do you mean by "merge a container field"?

If you mean to ask if there's an analogous "merge container" similar to text merge fields, the answer is no. The closest you can do is put a container field on the layout and disallow entry using the Inspector Palette in layout mode.

If by "merge" you mean manipulate container field contents, many folks use the ScriptMaster plug-in to manipulate images, or the Scribe plug-in to insert data in office document formats.

• Like 1

Oh so its not possible just like merging a text field so i need a plug in for this what i need if there's an alternative solution for this, for example

i have a container field with signature at the bottom of it has the information whose signature is it what i want is if the signature field is empty the text at bottom of the signature slides up is there way we can do this without plugins? please view the photo what im talking about Thank You for the help

Or a script something like this

if[isEmpty (signature field) = 1

the text field slides up 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8upxbu10vo5n75/signature2-9dba978f845372aec67e6d6ccc6323fd07de5d0b-s6-c30.jpg

Hi Chad,

You need to go into Preview mode in your report for objects to decrease (disappear) if they contain no data. Here is an example (attached in 11 and 12).

First select all objects within the body and then in Inspector > Position > Sliding & Visibility and set to Slide up and also Reduce Enclosing Part is checked. Then for the container to slide, go to the Data tab and Data Formatting and, while selecting the container, set it to align to the top.

Now when entering Preview mode, empty sigs will slide up.  Is this what you want?

SlideSig.zip

LaRetta -

the problem seems to be that the printed signature in this case needs to change its formatting (whitespace), depending on the existence of the signature. so a simple slide won't do the trick.

I'd say use $$s on the layout, but not everyone's a scripter, so here's something more along traditional lines (and the printed signature is calculated to begin with, so no harm done to the schema). 

SignCalc_eos.fmp12.zip

the problem seems to be that the printed signature in this case needs to change its formatting (whitespace), depending on the existence of the signature. so a simple slide won't do the trick.

Hi!

I'm unsure what you mean.  If it is because there is a 'sincerely' above and title below, those can be added easily and it slides just as well (see revised file) and looks exactly like what is requested ... and it doesn't require a calculation container to do it.

You may be right however so at least now we have the bases covered.  :yep:

Oooops - added file attachment

SlideSig2.zip

Edited by LaRetta

and it doesn't require a calculation container to do it.

Just to make this clear: the container is the original container field, no calculations involved; and the signature text has to be calculated anyway (unless, of course, you use a $$ on the print layout), so there is no schema overhead.

You may be right however so at least now we have the bases covered.   :yep:

That's the spirit! :-)

Oh, I see what you did - didn't look very carefully.  But again you are creating a calculation needlessly (I believe) and why placing just the text 'sincerely' above and placing their title below with their name isn't sufficient.  Your idea does offer another perspective though.

I'll drink to spirit!   :beertime:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we don't know what you ended up doing.  And your sentence is a bit incomplete in its description of what you want.  Can you explain a bit more?  :-)

This topic is 3920 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.