Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to show in a chart Count(Nationality) only if Count(Nationality) > 1

This topic is 3918 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database with a list of CUSTOMERS. I created a bargraph of the nationality of customers using a summaryfield CUSTOMERS::sumNationalityCount = Count(Nationality). There are nationalities which occur only once in the database.

graph.png

I wanted the bargraph to display nationalities only if they occured more than once( Count only if there is more than one customer for a nationality).

I thought of creating a self relationship between CUSTOMERS table, hoping to create a relationship between a CUSTOMERS::gMinNationalityCount to CUSTOMERS::sumNationalityCount. But then CUSTOMERS::sumNationalityCount is greyed out in the Table of Occurrence for CUSTOMERS.

[Edit : I switched the calculations for the X and Y axis in the first post. Sorry! ]
When I tried the calculation for the data for X-axis -- If(CUSTOMERS::sumNationalityCount > 1 ; CUSTOMERS::Nationality;""), it removed all the Nationality labels from the graph if they occurred less than once. Still the bars persisted on the graph. So tried an AddRemoveListItems( theList; theValue) custom function from briandunning.com. That didn't work either.

When I tried the custom function  AddRemoveListItems( theList; theValue) custom function from briandunning.com, for the data for X-axis -- AddRemoveListItems ( If(Layout_Contacts::sumNationalityCount>1;Layout_Contacts::Nationality;""); ""), it removed all the Nationality labels from the graph if they occurred less than once. And the calculation, If(Layout_Contacts::sumNationalityCount>1;Layout_Contacts::sumNationalityCount;"") for Y axis removed the counts <1.

All that remains is to figure out a way to sort the nationality value list based on sumNationalityCount. Any suggestions how to make this work?

This topic is 3918 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.