Field Border

This topic is 3905 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

A little house cleaning first. Please update your profile to reflect your new version of FileMaker. Here is a quick link MY PROFILE

We have a new layout topic devoted to version 12. I will move this topic in a few minutes.

Lee

Hi Lee,

Normally on previous version when you click on a field to insert text the border become black and on the FM12 i want to change the field behavior border to blue same as the theme provided on starter solution when you click to insert text.

The only changes between the two versions that I'm aware of is that 12 provides you options on showing different states, i.e. "normal", In focus, hover, and pressed. 

There are some good demo videos on YouTube. Do a search for FileMaker Pro 12. I would start with the 12 Days of FileMake Pro 12.

Hi Kishan,

The highlight colour around the active field is dependent upon the theme applied.  Most of the themes use blue border but there is also green, red and yellow.  There are actually two shades of blue and (I think) two of green.  I wish we had an orange.  :ermm:

If you are using classic theme (or converted file) or a theme with a border colour you don't want, you cannot change it through regular formatting methods with Inspector.  Instead, you need to change the CSS for field border on the default theme itself (or actually a copy of the default) ... not recommended at this date and time (but some more advanced developers are doing it).

To safely get around the issue, create a layout with the theme which has the field border colour you want, create a field and then copy/paste the field into your layouts.  Then all new fields should be a copy/paste (or format paint) of one with this format.  

CAUTION:  If you use Inspector > Appearance > Styles to remove or change styles or if you use format painter, your new highlight colour will be lost so protect your fields from potential reversion. 

This topic is 3905 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.