Cannot input Unicode

andi_kan

This topic is 3878 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I found several others have stated this conplaint as far back as FM7 so I guess I'm with company. Kind of surprised that it is still not fixed.

Anyway, I couldn't input certain Thai and Lao characters in FileMaker text fields or labels. But it can read those characters all right when those text are input directly via MySQL and displayed in FM (I use FM12 Pro). Even more curious is that I can type those characters in FM Go!

Have seen a lot of suggestion about copy/paste, opening up scripts and all, but I would really prefer a built-in solution. I'm trying to push FileMaker to replace my company's current database software, but the inability to type common Thai/Lao characters will see it shelved permanently. Can anyone offer any advice?

It's quite obvious they will never fix this, suggest you cluge it now, as they most likely will never fix it.  As for us we quit using FM for new products as of the release of V12 and all its issues.  We will not sit back and wait for spoon fed fixes to all the V12 problems for years, as we did this one that dates back to FM7 as you noted.

• Newbies

Thanks for replies. The thing that I'm surprised with is that this issue is non-existent on FM Go, so logically it means it's not unsolvable.

Anyway, I'm messing with the Get(TriggerKeystroke) to input the missing marks, but still plenty of fine tuning required.

This topic is 3878 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.