Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Send Mail inserts random carriage returns/line breaks

HALBURN

This topic is 3834 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I recently upgraded a solution from FM11 to FM12 and now my carriage returns are all screwed up when trying to send emails.

Here is an example of the problem:

I have
attached a PDF copy of your invoice. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam sodales nibh vitae tellus rhoncus, pharetra pretium massa lobortis.

If you have
any questions about your order lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam sodales nibh vitae tellus rhoncus, pharetra pretium massa lobortis.

I am using FM12v4 on a Mac with Entourage.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

It would be helpful to see the text field contents and the script step(s).

I have attached a PDF copy of your invoice. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam sodales nibh vitae tellus rhoncus, pharetra pretium massa lobortis.

If you have any questions about your order lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam sodales nibh vitae tellus rhoncus, pharetra pretium massa lobortis.

I am just using the built-in "Send Mail" script step and referencing a standard text field.

I couldn't reproduce the problem using Mail v6.6 and SL 10.8.5.

Assuming that this is occurring in multiple records, the next step is to create a new field in a copy of your file and use Replace Field Contents to populate it from the original text field.  Then try to send a message from that field.  If this is successful, it points to corruption in your file's structure. (If it is unsuccessful, it still doesn't rule out file corruption.)

If the text in the field is scripted, creating a new script (not copying and pasting, but building from scratch) might also be informative.

This topic is 3834 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.