Form letters from a portal

milky

This topic is 3832 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone,

I would like to be able to have multiple form letters that can be sent to all owners in my database.

I can achieve this by having one form and putting merge fields on it.

If I want anymore form letters I copy the first layout and rename it and then use a button to go to this layout. How can I create more than one form letter? Is it done via a portal?

Also once this is accomplished can I do a find and then only send the form letter to the found set?

Any help would be appreciated (including as much detail as possible for this newbie)

Thanks in advance.

You might want to consider an alternative approach...

Instead of creating new layouts for each form letter, put the letter into a regular text field and then use a script and the "Evaluate" function to replace the merge text with the related data. 

Attached is an example of what I mean...

FormLetter.fmp12.zip

Hi everyone,

I would like to be able to have multiple form letters that can be sent to all owners in my database.

I can achieve this by having one form and putting merge fields on it.

If I want anymore form letters I copy the first layout and rename it and then use a button to go to this layout. How can I create more than one form letter? Is it done via a portal?

Also once this is accomplished can I do a find and then only send the form letter to the found set?

Any help would be appreciated (including as much detail as possible for this newbie)

Thanks in advance.

I've had success in my app using Nightwing Enterprises Form Letter module (free). 

http://www.nightwing.com.au/FileMaker/demos9/demo913.html

This topic is 3832 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.