Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Webdirect - looks good

This topic is 3802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What are the quirks that you are running into?  We haven't tested Webdirect yet, but have a number of IWP pages that we are considering transferring to WD.  I would like to know what other people's experiences are.

Thanks,

C

Browser inconsistencies, mostly (and as expected).  For example, IE does not display the 'connector' (the little triangle that connects the popup box to the button that called it) for pop-up boxes while Chrome and Safari do.

I think the biggest issue that I've seen with WebDirect so far has been random hangs/freezes/spinning while using a WebDirect website.  Granted it was ported from 12, so there may be some incompatibilities.

Hey James, check your IE version - WD only supports IE 9 and 10.  Is it a supported browser?

FileMaker WebDirect is accessible from a web browser. Supported web browsers include:

• Safari 6.x and Safari 7.x
  • Internet Explorer 9.x or 10.x
  • Chrome 21.x

http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-server/server-13-specifications.html

Yes, it was IE 10.  It was a layout inconstancy, since the pop-up worked fine before I changed some of its styling.  It was odd that restoring the original theme to the pop-up didn't fix the issue.

This topic is 3802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.