Files not showing in Web Direct

milanm

This topic is 3664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This question might be a bit lame, but i spent last 24 hours trying to figure it out with no success.

I installed FileMaker Server 13, the trial version, on a MacBook Pro machine with OS X Version 10.9 (Mavericks), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 1333 MHz DDR3. Installation whent smooth, i allowed everything that was required by the process, got to the Admin page and configured the server.

Everything seams to be working normally and i have no problems connecting to the sample file and a little file i added using FileMaker 12 client, i can open them and work with them with no issues.

Now when i try to open these files using a browser only a blank webpage appears with a text "FileMaker Database Server Website" and no files are listed on this page.

Could anyone tell me why is this happening and what should be a normal behaviour of a Web Direct page, maybe i was to tired and missed something small but important late Friday evening yesterday, while trying to configure the new server technology.

I am doing all of this locally, no public IP is used yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

So here is a question, that kind of applies, how do I get it to show databases w/o adding the fmi/webd  part. 

We've migrated from a Windows 2008r2 VM that when I went to aaa-fmp.uoregon.edu  it would ask for the log in for the database access. I'm now running the DB's on a mac mini 8gb server, and now when I go to the domain name  aaa-fmp.uoregon.edu I'm getting the bit T that says filemaker database server. I'm not wanting to update all of our handout and online documentation. Is there a way to change this to not need the fmi/webd?

Thanks All

Jeremy Smith

University of Oregon

• 3 months later...

When I type in the /fmil/webd I get a 404 error, if I leave the extension I just get the standard page mentioned above without any databases listed. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Be sure that the files have the WebDirect bit checked in the Extended privileges section.  Also, please be sure that your web server is running.

Steven

• Newbies

Be sure that the files have the WebDirect bit checked in the Extended privileges section.  Also, please be sure that your web server is running.

Steven

I have it enabled and the server is running for sure. Would restricting viewable databases to certain user names be an issue?

This topic is 3664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.