Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMSA 11 to FMSA 12 upgrade question

MParker

This topic is 3790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ok, i'm fairly positive i know the answer to this question, but I know there are a lot of people on here that have far more experience than me.  so, I'm currently running FMSA 11 from my server with around 8 connections into it on a daily basis.  sadly though, about 4 of those connections are running oooold imacs that can't be upgraded past snow leo.  now, i read that fmp 12's minimum requirements is a 64bit processor, but, it does install on a 32bit and seems to run ok.  but, if i upgrade the server to version 12 and then it doesn't work well for the clients...that's a major problem.  so, my question is, can you run FMSA 11 along side FMSA 12 on the same computer?  i really hope the answer is yes, but sadly, i have a strong feeling that the answer is most definitely, no.

second question...does anyone here have any experience with running FMP 12 on snow leo with a 32bit processor and 2gb ram?  is it even worth upgrading FMSA at that point?  or should I just wait until the day comes that these other people finally upgrade their computers.

13 + web direct may be your solution, download a trial and test how it runs on the browser of the oldies.

I still use 11, and probably won't upgrade for now, but I plan to test 13 and web direct soon.

The idea of not having to upgrade clients is very nice, and the cost of concurrent connections on server 13 is very similar to the client upgrade cost.

My situation is similar to yours, I have 10 users, some on old XP computers.

This topic is 3790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.