Filemaker Server 13

This topic is 3235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul, 

I have the same questions. On the 360 works site they still start with "if you are upgrading to ams 12"  !!!! haha. 

One could try to follow this route

http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Installing_Zulu_as_a_Servlet

It explains how to put the files manually in the right places and is advised as workaround for server 13 installation. 

I haven't tried it yet. 

Happy xmas. 

Pierre

Actually here it explains the manual part

Manual Installation Prerequisites
  • Download and install Apache Tomcat 6.x from http://tomcat.apache.org, for Windows make sure to download the installer
  • Follow Tomcat documentation for running Tomcat as server, for Windows make to make the service selection during installation
  • Start up Tomcat, this usually happens automatically when using the installer.
Installing Zulu
  • Copy the Zulu.war file from the Installer Data folder into the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps folder in your Tomcat instance.
  • Modify zulu.xml file located in the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost folder.
    • Specify your username and password on these two lines of the zulu.xml file:
      • <Parameter name="zulu.adminUsername" value="" override="false" />
      • <Parameter name="zulu.adminPassword" value="" override="false" />
  • If necessary for your configuration, set up URL forwarding from IIS / Apache to your Tomcat connectors. See Tomcat documentation on how to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pierre,

Yes, it is frustrating isn't it! I filled out a support ticket as well and have not received any responses. I also tried the steps you outlined above. In my honest opinion, I think there is something missing in the steps. I did every step and then tried to go to Zulu admin site and nothing  Shouldn't you be able to get to the Zulu admin site through the Tomcat Server via http://localhost:8080/zulu. Nothing seems to work at this point. Guess we will just have to wait for the installer. It does not give me a good feeling though that nothing has merited a response from them up to this point.

Happy New Year,

Paul 

Ok, I got it. When you put the zulu.war file in the webapps folder in your "running" instance of tomcat, it will create a zulu folder. This is the folder that pretty much is the web app. The problem is that the webapps folder is not the folder that Tomcat root folder and therefore Tomcat does not find it when calling zulu from the web browser. Copy and paste this folder into the webapps/root folder and voila, Tomcat now finds it. This is more than I ever wanted to know about zulu and Tomcat but it gets the job done. 

• 1 month later...

Hey ptcruiser, 

Are we the only two interested in upgrading to fms 13??

So... I have been on holiday and have not replied to your messages. But it seems that by manually putting the zulu.war file in place one can use ZULU with Filemaker server 13? Correct? 

I really think somebody form 360works should update their support site for filemaker server 13 with mavericks. The software is out for month now. 

p

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys, 360Works chiming in!

If you check out this subsection on the "Installing Zulu" page, you'll see instructions specifically catered toward updating to FileMaker Server 13.

http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Installing_Zulu#Upgrading_to_Server_13

Currently, the only officially supported method for installing Zulu on FMS 13 is the manual installation; however, I have been working on an installer that should be FMS13 compatible. It is currently in beta stage, but I hardly ever refuse beta test requests, so if you'd like to try out the new installer, please PM me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hey Guys, 360Works chiming in!

If you check out this subsection on the "Installing Zulu" page, you'll see instructions specifically catered toward updating to FileMaker Server 13.

http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Installing_Zulu#Upgrading_to_Server_13

Currently, the only officially supported method for installing Zulu on FMS 13 is the manual installation; however, I have been working on an installer that should be FMS13 compatible. It is currently in beta stage, but I hardly ever refuse beta test requests, so if you'd like to try out the new installer, please PM me.

Hi Will

Unfortunately, the manual installation doesn't work. I would be very happy, if i can try your beta installer...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Hi,

Has anyone received a response from 360Works? I have written to them directly and requested a Beta version of the Installer via this Forum, a place they refer to in their website, but no response. I would expect they had customer service and look after their company image.  Can anyone indicate me where or how to get hold of the installer beta version? 

• Newbies

Just want to mention, 360works team are very helpful. Got the Zulu installer from them, tried to install, ran into another problem, called the office, got Will Slaughter on the line, he solved the issue for us. Thanks Will. Great job!

• 3 months later...
FYI. I just tried to run the latest install file for Zulu on a Filemaker 13. I had it running previously from an earlier manual installation but it stopped working when the syncing broke with Google Apps. I downloaded 1.355 and tried the install file. It only got to the point where it said that it was installing the Tomcat daemon. Said it was missing the Tomcat-users file. Not sure what I did but I knew from last time I installed it that I had to get the Zulu folder into the webapps/root folder of the running instance of Tomcat. So I dragged the folder into any webapps/root folder I could find and then reran the Zulu install. Well for some reason the Zulu install completed this time and now Zulu runs perfectly. Not sure what I did but I thought I would let you know.

• 5 months later...
  • Newbies

Can anyone help.  I'm currently running seedcode calendar but would like to view my data on iCal.  I've downloaded zulu demo and carried out the standard install and uploaded the sample file to server 13.  When I try to publish the file to test zulu, using the account name and password stated as "zulu" (without the ""), see below it doesn't accept the input.

Screenshot_2015-06-16_15.28.41.thumb.png

Will Slaughter posted earlier that there wasn't an installer for FMS 13, should I carry out a manual install?

This topic is 3235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.