Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Button Issue

This topic is 3791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I wanted to refresh my db look by adding new oval buttons made from Photoshop but I cannot get rid of the white space. I imported them in Container fields.

I did these steps:

- Under File menu / Import Records / Folder ...

- File Type = picture

My buttons are saved in PNG format

Any comments?

Could you indicate your platform in your Preferences?  If Windows, it has never been friendly to transparent but have you tried selecting the container and changing its background colour to transparent? 

Please update your Profile to reflect your Platform, and Operation System and FileMaker version if not v11. Here is a quick link to help MY PROFILE

Are you saving the png files without background using PhotoShop or some other Application?

I used to use PhotoShop for this a long time ago. Probably v6 or 7. I recall some how-to videos on how to do it. I think you can just do a search using google for “How to create a button that has a transparent background” or something like that.

However, I would be reluctant to use these buttons now a days, because of the changes in v12, that effect the use of button from previous versions. If you have plans to migrate to FMP12, you might want to read about these changes.

Lee

This topic is 3791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.