Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Fit to screen size

This topic is 8577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

quote:

Originally posted by Juxt:

I'm new to FMpro and I'm working on a solution that will be run on several machines with different monitor resolutions. How do I make the user interface automatically resize to the resolution of the monitor?

What do you mean by "...make the user interface automatically resize to the resolution of the monitor..."?

Are you expecting Filemaker to be able to dynamically scale the interface to match the screen resolution? Do you want a way to easily switch between various interfaces based on screen resolution? Do you want the windows to maximize to the size of the screen?

Basically you, the developer, must develope all of the various interface sizes and program the switching based on the monitor resolution.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

• 1 month later...

You will have to create a version of each layout optimised for each screen resolution you want you solution to support. Then a script combined with the Status[CurrentScreenWidth] or Status[CurrentScreenheight] is used to work out which layout to display.

Now if your solution uses (say) five types of layouts, and you want to support 640x480 and 800x600 screens, you'll have to build ten layouts in total. Some of mu solutions have something like 20 or 30 different layouts, which would mean I'd have to duplicate them and redesign them all to support a different monitor size. Iit's a lot of work, and I'd only do it if the client was paying by the hour!

This topic is 8577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.