Format Auto entry Data?

This topic is 8374 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need to create a form that has for the most part constant text. But every now and then a custom adjustment is required for that special person's record. As I want this information all in one data base, it seemed that auto entry data made the most sense so that the constant information could always be there and I could add or delete information as needed, but I would have to reformat it everytime I created a new record. How can I format data and still have the flexablility to change it on some forms? Is there a better way to have this text editable on an individual record and still always be formated to the styles I desire (It is a paragraph of copy with bold and italic copy in it)?

I woke up and thought auto entry data was the solution but it looks like I am wrong. HELP!

Store your formatted text in a global field (set up in single user mode when on a multi-user solution). Create a new record with a script and copy and paste from the global field to the real field. Make sure you are on a layout which shows both fields when you perform the copy and paste. I create an "All Fields" layout in every solution as switch to it for scripts that need the fields on the layout to operate.

-bd

This topic is 8374 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.