This topic is 8354 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When copying and pasting back and forth between photoshop 6 and FMP 5.0v3. FileMaker gets stuck, I mean you can still use it but you cannot switch to another program including the finder (OS 9.1). I can click the other windows (photoshop) but nothing comes forward. The only way to get things back is to quit FileMaker. I have had it happen on 2 seperate comptuers. Wonder if its a bug w/ FMP/OS or Photoshop.

Ok I just reinstalled the entire OS (9.1) and installed FMP 5.0v3 and 5.5 and Photoshop 6.0.1. Things are still not working.

When I copy a button out of FMP and open Photoshop and create a new file paste the image make minor adjustments, and copy and switch back to FMP and paste. Things seem fine except when I try to switch back to Photshop or any other program including the finder. YOU CAN'T I can hide windows but can't get them back. I can click on the Photoshop window but it will not come forward. I have to quit FileMaker to do anything else.

I have even saved the file as jpeg no compression and place the image from inside FMP, I still get the same bug. Does any one else have this same configuration to test and see if you can replicate this same bug?

Thanks.

[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: Ocean West ]

Now you have reason #36a why I'm still running OS8.6.

OS9 (et. seq). has been notoriously buggy since its release. Since Apple was working so hard on OSX, they didn't really care too much about fixing the problems. I've had no problems at all with copying and pasting between FMP5 and Photoshop 5 (haven't tried with Photo6 yet).

Have you contacted Apple about this? Or FileMaker, Inc.? Or even Adobe maybe? Chances are each of them will blame someone else, but you never know...

I don't think this is am OS problem. When use FileMaker Pro and Photoshop in Windows (98 and NT4.0), the same exact glitch happens - not always, but sometimes, it seems that Photoshop locks up and won't release. Usually, the remedy is to re-boot.

This sounds like a Photoshop clipboard problem. Either that, or a scratch disk conflict? Dunno. But, I'm not having that problem with OS 9.1 and an older version of Photoshop (3.5). It works fine.

Lefo

This topic is 8354 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.