Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Batch Invoice all account FM STARTING POINT

This topic is 3704 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All, 

I'm running youth theatre school and I'm very new to filemaker but making some good progress using FM Starting Point.

An issue I have is I invoice all accounts 3x a year and they all pay the same amount unless on a scholarship so individule invoice of 200 plus contacts is time consuming and almost a little wasteful when they are all paying the same. Dose anyone have any idea of a script where I can populate and print/email invoices for all the accounts on my database and a way of excluding certain members if they are on a scholarship?

Many Thanks for your help in advance.

Eddie.

P.S I'm very keen to learn and understand from all help so if you are able to offer an explanation of any calculations offered that would be really helpful

This is very doable, but will take some fiddling.

First, if new to FM, get and read (if you haven't already) the "Missing Manual for Filemaker 12".  I know its not 13, but ... if that's important to you wait for it to come out.  I would get 12 as a good reference tool and starting point.

Anythewho.

Script Steps:

1) go to layout ****: a layout that displays accounts table info,  

2) enter find mode. unclick pause (bottom left)

3) set field account::f_scholarship (or whatever field you are using to distinguish scholarship accounts from non-scholarship accounts) to its not true status (i.e. find accounts who are NOT on scholarship)

4) perform find

5) go to related invoices for found set.  (requires that in the relationship graph the table associated with the layout you are on is wired up to invoices via account id or some such unique identifier)

6) Print (or Email) found set

Hope this helps,

Marcus

This is very doable, but will take some fiddling.

First, if new to FM, get and read (if you haven't already) the "Missing Manual for Filemaker 12".  I know its not 13, but ... if that's important to you wait for it to come out.  I would get 12 as a good reference tool and starting point.

Anythewho.

Script Steps:

1) go to layout ****: a layout that displays accounts table info,  

2) enter find mode. unclick pause (bottom left)

3) set field account::f_scholarship (or whatever field you are using to distinguish scholarship accounts from non-scholarship accounts) to its not true status (i.e. find accounts who are NOT on scholarship)

4) perform find

5) go to related invoices for found set.  (requires that in the relationship graph the table associated with the layout you are on is wired up to invoices via account id or some such unique identifier)

6) Print (or Email) found set

Hope this helps,

Marcus

Hi Marcus, 

Thank you so much for this. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work. I have tried all sorts but I think my knowledge may be a little off. I'm getting stuck at part 3. Any advise appreciated. 

Can I also check will this script populate an invoice for each found record? 

My wife has just ordered me the missing manual, although reading is not my strongest skill. I like to do. 

Many thanks in advance

Ok, can you give me a little more detail then. 

1) what is the name of the layout you are using in step one and what is it's associated table name?

2) what is the name of the field you use to flag if the account is on scholarship or not?

3) what is the name of the related table you are calling in step five

4) how are these two table wired up in the relationship graph (what field(s) are you using to associate these two tables)?

Will it invoice for each found record ... yes if you add a loop function.  Easy, but let's get the core script doing what you need ti to do.

Give me the above info and I will give you a more thorough solution to your problem

This topic is 3704 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.