Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP13 suddenly not working on Windows

fed

This topic is 3679 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I came into the office, and FMP13 does not work.  Not just my database, but I cannot get the program to work at all.  I tried reinstalling, but it is the same issue.  The icons are still good, so FMP13 is recognized, but won't run.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Fed

I usually use OSX, but at the office, the secretary uses windows. Unfortunately, this is causing a problem here.

Additional thoughts:

Are there any plugins installed?  Did it run fine before?  Does she have enough hard drive space?  Windows is notorious for breaking on updates and there were a series of update patches issued within this last week.  Is it Windows 8.1 Pro or can you check her exact version and updater?

Most of those should produce an error message but not always.  Have you looked at the Windows logs?

See?  Good things can come out of adversity!  I was a Windows user and developer for 12+ years and I did not know what 'problem-free' meant until switching to Mac.  Oh dear.  How nice.  No, maybe not problem-free, but so far above Windows in that category that it is absolutely amazing.

So now I have both platforms but I'm so afraid that I will be without a Mac that I bought a second one.  My Windows system collects dust and it may become my doorstop if I can figure out the dual boot process on Mac ... we need to understand (and design for) both platforms since we are x-plat and there are FM behaviour differences.  First I need to be sure that a Mac/windows boot would TRULY match windows behaviour in all FM regards and I haven't had a chance to follow up on it.

Glad your issue is resolved and thanks for letting us know.  It's always good to hear results.   :-)

ps.  In Windows' defense, it is a desktop system and I just don't like desktop systems any more so that is another strike against it (compared to my Mac laptops).

Edited:  corrected typo

Edited by LaRetta

I converted to OSX 8 years ago. My macs all still work, even with the latest OS releases, I compute rather than fix things, and I love the look, which is important since I am on it all day.

I dual boot my laptop with window for a flight sim I just can't stop using. Otherwise, I am all Mac now.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 3679 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.