Tab order is set, buttons are skipped

Steven Swallow

This topic is 3709 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a straightforward list layout formatted as follows;

Field 1 | Field 2 | Field 3 | Button 1 | Button 2

I've set the tab order for a straight left to right, so 'Field 1' is 1 and 'Button 2' is 5 in the tab order. Problem is, tabbing just rotates around the 3 fields and never lands on 'Button 1'.

I note in the inspector for all my buttons that 'Go to next option using' has Tab, Return and Enter as possible options but they are all ghosted and therefore not selectable. I feel that this is the problem, but can't figure out how to get it working.

I've been scratching my head over this for two hours and it's not a problem I recall having before. I'm willing to bet it's going to be a smack on the forehead moment when someone kindly presents the answer and puts me out of my misery...

This may be an OS setting rather than a FileMaker issue. In the current version of Mac OS, the setting is under System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Full Keyboard Access.

"I'm not sure where to put the buttons now given it's a list view…hmmm."

Note that you could also put a popover in the row.

post-62898-0-53286800-1395424105_thumb.p

• Like 2

Thanks for that, although I'm getting an <unknown> in the AutoNav toggle script. Third step...I'm guessing it's a FM12 Advanced option. I'm only on Pro. I see the tabbing works into the footer which is great...not sure how that works, but I'll root around and learn.

I like the idea of the popover. Didn't realise you could do things like that, so I'll have a search around for a how-to, and see if it's something I can use (here or elsewhere).

Thanks again.

There is no such thing as an FM12 Advanced option.

Advanced does not give new data or script features. It provides a debugger and other tools.

However, refresh object is a FileMaker 13 command, I though you were using 13.

You will need 13 to do the popover.

This topic is 3709 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.