Sending SMS text

This topic is 3695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I found a lot of discussions about sending emails (the sample file contains also some samples), but nothing about sending text messages to phone numbers.

Is that possible or not ? In the first case can you give me links and ideas ?

Thanks

Noël

if you have the recipient's cell carrier, you can send a text via email within FMP - if you google this, you will find a list of carriers and the proper syntax for sending texts to each -- for example - a recipient using Verizon would be:  [email protected]

if you don't know the recipient's cell carrier, you cannot do this.

hth,

Martie

Hello Martie,

Thank you for that answer. The first problem 'll be to find these carriers for mobile phone providers in France and test !

The second one is to ask the users in the association to give that information, and perhaps they'll not agree...

Noël

Hello,

Unfortunately, after a lot of queries, it seems that what is possible in USA is not in France ! I can't find for every mobile cell society (Orange, Free, sfr...) the information of the carrier !

There's only a paying solution throuh services like BulkSMS

Noël

• 2 weeks later...

Noel, you need to get an account with a SMS gateway. Most phone providers in many countries has closed for their service to forward an email as sms to a phone.

Anyway, to make sure it all goes through and the service is reliable, you should definitely use a good gateway.

I have been using a great one for many years, and it works every time.

The way I send the sms is by using http post, which you can now do in FM13 via InsertFromURL script step. Though I have created a SM function, and have used that since fm10.

I have been around some cheaper gateways, but you really get what you pay for…. or that is, one of my customers actually paid up-front a considerable amount, and then the company bankrupted….

This topic is 3695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.