Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Container data (external) links broken

This topic is 3693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have some files with a FM hosting service and those files have externally stored container data.

The host had a problem yesterday, and once the problem was 'fixed', all links to the externally stored files were broken, i.e. VerifyContainer() returns false, I can see the image/icon in the field but export field contents is greyed out.

I have a backup with all of the RC_Data, but of course I don't want to manually re-insert a couple of thousand files into container fields, and neither does my client.

Any suggestions?

I find this odd because my own FMS installation upgraded from FMS12 to FMS13 and didn't lose the connections to the externally stored data.

Do you have access to the OS on the hosted machine to verify the location of the RC files?

If so, create a new record, insert something in the container.  Then check in the OS where it ended up and where the other files are.  You can then move the old files to where the new file ended up.

I am assuming your OS is windows.  If it is OSX it may simply be a permissions issue but do the same check anyway

Containers are open Luis, fortunately.

I don't have access to the machine OS - it is a Mac Server I believe.

Update;

To cut to the chase; I did as Wim Decort suggested with the but with the backup I had on my own machine;

Just placing the directories where they were 'supposed' to be didn't work, but as per suggestion, I removed the directories, then added a new files which created a directory. I then replaced the contents of that directory with the files from RC_Data backup and it worked - files were again accessible. Then changed back to embedded container data and let FM draw all of the files back in. Uploaded the massive file to (another) server with files embedded.

This topic is 3693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.