Looking to purchase FileMaker Go 11

This topic is 3676 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a copy of FileMaker Go 11. I understand Filemaker discontinued it last year to force you to migrate to 12, but we are so heavily invested in 11 I can't warrant the cost.

Does anybody know where I can buy a copy of FileMaker Go 11.

Thanks...MG

I don’t believe that FMGo 12 will work with FileMaker Pro 11 Files, because the two FileMaker Apps are written in different languages.

Did you contact FileMaker Inc. to get their impute?

• 2 weeks later...

Yah… Go 11 and Go 12 have been pulled.  If you have not already purchased 11 under your iTunes account…then your out of luck.  

To be clear… Go 1.0 AKA GO 11… was $39.99.

The FileMaker 11 platform is headed towards End-of-life…and Go was the first casualty.

- RC

• 2 weeks later...

One possibility would be to put FileMaker Go 12 (actually, 13 at this point, since 12 is no longer available either) on your iOS devices while keeping FileMaker 11 on your server and Mac/Windows clients. Then, you could use something like RESTfmSync to transfer data between a local-to-the-device FM 13 database and the server. Since RESTfmSync uses the Custom PHP interface, it doesn't matter that the FileMaker versions are different. 

So, it's possible, but might be difficult. Remember that the iOS devices would then not be working with live data (that can be good and bad), and you have to set up and maintain syncing software. I don't think the other syncing software out there (GoZync, MirrorSync, SyncDeK Mobile) let you sync between a 12/13 database on the iPhone and a FileMaker 11 Server. 

This topic is 3676 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.