A little extra Help

This topic is 8149 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been asked to create a Holiday Board in Fm for the company work for. Although this is possible I am having a little trouble. There are around 90 people, and traps need to be added so people doing the same job don't clash ei; a message will appear letting you know if 2 or more people who do the same job are off. Does anyone know where I could go for some inspiration??!!!mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

I have tried the above to no avail!!

Is there a function to check the contents of a field?

If I have 4 names in the monday field eg John, Danny, James, Julie. I want to run a script and show an error message, something like, "Julie & James cannot have the same days off!". If you use the mail programe 'Entourage', my DB is set out like the month view. crazy.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Noddy:

Is there a function to check the contents of a field?

If I have 4 names in the monday field eg John, Danny, James, Julie. I want to run a script and show an error message, something like, "Julie & James cannot have the same days off!".

code:

If ( PatternCount ( MondayField, "James" ) and PatternCount ( MondayField, "Julie" ), "Julie & James cannot have the same days off!", "" )

The above is the simplest, but not most flexible, way of accomplishing your example.

However you need to think about how the database will know what combinations to look for.

This topic is 8149 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.