Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Strange Erratic Behavior - Color Palette

This topic is 3633 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

OK, this one is totally bizarre. In layout mode, using the color palette, both with rgb & hsb sliders, whenever I type in a number and then tab or click to the next available color field, the number I had just previously typed in mysteriously changes to some random number. No matter how many times I try to correct the number, it won't stay the correct number. So, after sheer frustration, I simply started to press the enter key while the cursor was in one of the color fields. And all three of the colors (rgb) randomly changed to different numbers with each successive press of the enter key. Basically, the color won't stay the color I type in. Am I the first to experience this? Is my Mac on crack?

I am using FMPA 13 on a MacBook Pro Retina with 10.8.5

Is my Mac on crack?

Yes, either that or maybe your file is damaged.   On the Mac end I'd reboot and check the file permissions.  If that doesn't work, then consider the best way to repair the file. 

Hi Donny,

IIUC, when you type say a number like, 100 in the box for Red, and then you tab to Green, the number changes to something different? Is this one file, layout, or more? If it is just one file, you might have a corrupted file.

I haven’t noticed this behavior on my machine, but I would Fix Disk Permissions anyway (Finder >> Menu >> Go >> Utilities >> Disk Utilities.app) as it can’t hurt.

HTH

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar issue starting after the 13.01 update on my HSB sliders.  My RGB selection does not have any issues.

If I enter 40, it appears to keep the value but I can visibly tell it's not 40.  When I go back to the HSB slides it has a set value of 32.  I have to enter 48 to get 40.  The only numbers that stay are 91-95 The further away from 93 the greater the difference between my entered value and the result.  Once I pass 95 it starts to increase in value.

I noticed the same behavior in reverse on the saturation field and my Hue value slowly decreases by 1-2 values.

The whole thing is weird and has been driving me nuts.

Creating a new file results in the same thing.

This topic is 3633 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.