Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Firefox performance

This topic is 3375 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

A user complained to me today about the performance of WebDirect.  She was using Firefox on a PC to access a database hosted on FMServer.

I have not been able to test this on a PC, but on a Mac I noticed some issues when using FireFox, but not with Safari or Chrome. In Firefox it is possible to click on a field and start typing before the field is activated and highlighted.  Then a few seconds later the field becomes activated and the letters that were previously typed disappear.   This is even more extreme if I use the Tab key to skip from field to field.  The field might not activate at all and yet I can type a whole paragraph of text into it.  Only when I subsequently click on the field does it activate, but all of the previously typed text vanishes.

Is this a known bug?

Supported web browsers:

FileMaker WebDirect is accessible from a web browser. Supported web browsers include:

• Safari 6.1.x and Safari 7.x
  • Internet Explorer 10.x or 11.x
  • Chrome 27.x

Firefox not supported

While you -can- use Firefox with WD, I've notice a LOT of rendering issues that make it practically unusable.  Text won't center, message boxes just pop up whereever, etc.  In my opinion, it's just not worth it. 

• 9 months later...

I'm having FireFox issues too.

I can write JavaScript to detect the browser version before the user gets into the WebDirect system, but I'm wondering : once inside WebDirect, is there a way within WebDirect to detect the browser version?

This topic is 3375 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.