Report development

This topic is 7964 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

You'll have to let us in to the secret of what each record in your file represents. It's hard to tell you how to summarize when we don't know what we are summarizing. wink.gif

It sounds like you need summary fields and multiple subsummaries on the layout. First a subsummary by month, then another by doctor. Wizards are great if they solve your problem, otherwise you'll have to dive in and understand how it all works.

-bd

The cascading subsummary was the way to go! There was no secret to the information. There is a handheld Database that doctors enter billing information at the point of contact. Later, they hotsync and ODBC into a FM DB, that uses the entered information to calculate a charge for that surgery (so one record would be for one patients surgery) The Anesthesiologists involved would like to know the breakdown of how hard each member of their group is working and how much work each surgeon is providing.

Russ' solution was EXACTLY what I needed. If someone want to know, best ask him, I will mess you up, he will keep it straight.

Thanks

I have developed a Billing Database. A group of doctors collect their billing information, and the DB generates charge sheets. They would like a report that breaks down the information. I would like a monthly report. From there, a report of each doctors productivity (defined as number of units) further broken down by how much they have worked with each surgeon during the month (the doctors are anesthesiologist). The breakdown would look something like below. I have tried to use the wizard to create a columnar report, but have so far been unsuccessful. Any Ideas? If this should be posted to a different forum please advise.

Month January

Doctor1....Surgeon1....20 units

............Surgeon2....12 units

............Surgeon3....16 units

............SurgeonN.....N units

.........Total units Dr.1 48+N units

Doctor 2...Surgeon1....12 units

............Surgeon2....15 units

............SurgeonN.....N units

......Total units Dr.2...27+N units

(I had to use the ... to maintain spaces. When I previewed this post the layout of the table was lost, ie I dont want the periods)

and so on

Then a total of all units in this case 75+N

When I use the columnar report wizard, it lists the surgeons for everday of the month instead of totaling the units for each surgeon for the whole month. Appreciate any help in advance.

Not sure if I should script a found set then create a layout where the information from the found set is placed, or if the report wizard can do this.

• 3 months later...

This topic is 7964 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.