Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Shrinking a header fix, please help

This topic is 8652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey, I know you can't slide/shrink a header, but I am producing a multipage report, and have a piece of information--whose size changes greatly, that I would like to preface the report with (in the header or the equivalent thereof..) the problem is that if there isn't the maximum of information in there, there can be a ton of white space before the data begins... is there any fix to this????

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by shogunjp:

Hey, I know you can't slide/shrink a header, but I am producing a multipage report, and have a piece of information--whose size changes greatly, that I would like to preface the report with (in the header or the equivalent thereof..) the problem is that if there isn't the maximum of information in there, there can be a ton of white space before the data begins... is there any fix to this?
???

Thanks

I put sliding objects in header and footer parts all the time. They work just fine.

Check the configuration again and make sure that you have the parts setup correctly.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.database-resources.com

mailto:[email protected]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

quote:

Originally posted by captkurt:

I put sliding objects in header and footer parts all the time. They work just fine.

Check the configuration again and make sure that you have the parts setup correctly.

I can put a sliding object in the header, but I can't get the header to shrink, I am using filemaker 4.1, and In the book, it says that you can't shrink parts like the header, title header, footer... only parts like the body and subsummaries etc... and I was just wondering if there was a workaround for this so that I could shrink the header part.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a checkbox in the Set Sliding/Printing dialog box "Also reduce the size of the enclosing part"; this must be checked.

Also, I have made the mistake of setting objects to slide, assuming the part will reduce as necessary because this setting is checked, when there are ojects that aren't going to reduce (like graphic lines) to the left or right of the sliding data. If they can't shrink (which they can't), the part will not shrink. I hope this helps.

------------------

Regards, K.

~~~~~~~~

Data is not information unless it is informative.

• 2 weeks later...

If sliding and shrinking don't work, create duplicates of the layout that have different size headers.

Then work out a way (perhaps based on the length[] of the text in the field) for a script to work out which layout to use.

This topic is 8652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.