Trigger a script on a client machine from iPad client

This topic is 3559 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to trigger a script on another client machine from an iPad. A counter-person with an iPad submits an order, and inventory office sees their screen refresh with the new order. I've been doing an onTimer script, but it's a little buggy and *not fast enough*! ( I've set it for 20 seconds, more often and it gets *really* buggy. )

It seems like Troi Activator *may* be able to do this, but it's not clear.

I'm not sure if the plug-in needs to be installed on the source device, target machine, or both.

Any ideas on whether this is possible with Activator or something else?

You can have the submit script fill in a '1' in a global number field (where that global field is normally '0')... then have 'conditional formatting' change an object color (eg. a large square in the background of the layout). When the order is seen, have them click a button that makes the global field '0' again, which changes the object back to normal. Filemaker updates itself in the sense that if a shared database is changed, it is changed on every computer...

You can have the submit script fill in a '1' in a global number field (where that global field is normally '0')

I don't think this will work because the global field that you are referencing belongs to the current iPad session and cannot be seen by any other client machines - hence it won't influence the counter-person and they won't know there has been a change.

• Like 1

This topic is 3559 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.