Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can I interrelate portals?

This topic is 8673 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a portal showing the leaderboard of a motor race: who the driver is, laptimes, position etc. Can I put a button in this portal next to each driver so that, when the user presses the driver's picture, team info, past performance etc are shown elsewhere on the layout? This information is held in another file.

If I can't do this, is there any other way to do what I want?

Create a relationship to the file with driver info based upon a global (call it gDriver). For example, if records in the driver info file are identified by Driver#, the relationship would match gDriver<-->Driver#. The types of these fields should match (text or number). You should NOT use a field such as driver name for this match! A auto-assigned record number in the driver info file would work well. Place the related fields (using th gDriver relationship) from the file with the driver info on your layout. Create a script which sets gDriver to the appropriate value from the portal row. Place the button for this selection script on the portal row. -bd

This topic is 8673 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.