Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Upgrading to Filemaker Server from FMPro12

This topic is 3556 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

We are a small business based in Sydney, Australia.

We currently use FMPro12 but as we are growing are looking to upgrade to Filemaker Server.

Just wondering if anyone out there can help me with estimates as to the cost of the actual installation of Server and transferring our files across.

Thanks in advance,

Jenni.

Hi,

We are a small business based in Sydney, Australia.

We currently use FMPro12 but as we are growing are looking to upgrade to Filemaker Server.

Just wondering if anyone out there can help me with estimates as to the cost of the actual installation of Server and transferring our files across.

Thanks in advance,

Jenni.

Too many variables here to provide a good answer.

FileMaker Australia in Sydney can give you licensing costs for FileMAker Server, probably version 13.

You need a good server running an approved OS.

File transfer should not be difficult.  However the architecture of your files must be suitable for a multi-user environment. There are several excellent developers in both Sydney and Melbourne who can assist you to check this.

All this said, i strongly recommend the use of FileMaker Server for safe, reliable, and secure hosting and backup of files.

Please come back if you have further questions.

Steven

Transferring your files across should incur no cost. As far as the cost of FMS, that info is readily available on the FileMaker site. Keep in mind you may want to upgrade to FileMaker Pro 13 as well. In Canadian dollars I believe this cost around $400.00. FileMaker server is a different application/situation and there are no upgrade paths from FileMaker pro to FileMaker server.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi jenni, welcome to the FM Forums,

I deleted two of your post and merged the other two because they had been replied to.

Please do not multiple your questions.

Lee

This topic is 3556 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.