Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Get ( CurrentTimeStamp ) is wrong by 7 hours

This topic is 3569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

This one has proven too many for me.

My Mac's clock is set correctly. The time zone is correctly set to PDT. FMPA12's Get ( CurrentTimeStamp ) returns a time 7 hours in the future (as does Insert Current Time). No FM Server is involved. Any ideas?

• Newbies

Yes, when I'm using a field -- all references to the current time are 7 hours ahead, programwide. Insert Current Time, current time symbol on layouts, etc. It's even the same when I create abrand new file with nothing in it at all except the current timestamp.

It's even the same when I create abrand new file with nothing in it at all except the current timestamp.

That's an important clue that eliminates a lot of possible causes. However, some important information is still missing. Did it work before? If yes, what has changed between then and now? For example, did you install any new software (system-wide utilities are particularly suspect in this regard).

You should also check that your application is fully patched up, and compatible with your OS version (while you're at it, please update your profile here to reflect this information).

This topic is 3569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.